We are happy to hear from conscientious, trustworthy, dependable and safe motorcycle enthusiasts to volunteer for medical transport duties.
Knowing that you have helped someone that you’ll never meet because you were there, in all weathers, to deliver the urgently needed blood, breast milk, samples, test results, scans and even minor organs for transplant, is a feeling that only a Blood Bikes rider can describe. The people you help will never know how important it was that you were there, but you’ll know and that’s all that counts.
To Ride For Blood Bikes East You Must:
- Have a full motorcycle licence (Category A)
- Be over 25
- Have two years riding experience (on A Licence)
- Have passed the minimum AON2/AXA2 rider qualification
- Have passed RoSPA Advanced Rider Qualification (or willing to do so within a short period of time)
- Preferably have no penalty points, however riders with 3 or less will be considered
- Be willing to submit to full Garda vetting
- Be willing to commit to at least one 12-hour shift per month and one recruitment/fundraising event per quarter
The hospitals we work with require assurance that our riders are competent. As a result all riders must undertake an assessment ride to ensure you are comfortable riding with a Blood Box as cargo. If you are an advanced rider and wish to ride one of our Blood Bikes (Honda Deauville) you will need to undergo a supervised check ride to ensure you are able to ride the bike confidently and safely. You would need to commit to at least one 12-hour shift per month, and also take part in occasional promotional/fundraising events.
So You Still Want To Volunteer?
If you believe you qualify and can dedicate the required time to this worthwhile cause, simply fill in the form below and a member of our New Volunteer Induction Team will contact you to discuss this further: