Are you a dependable and safe motorcycle rider? Would you like to to volunteer for our medical transport Service?
We operate in all weathers (using cars if it’s unsafe) to deliver urgently needed blood, breast milk, samples, test results, scans and even transplant information. As a Blood Biker you can make a real difference to the Hospitals we serve, and to their patients.
To Ride For Blood Bikes East You Must:
- Have a full motorcycle licence (Category A)
- Be over 25
- Have two years riding experience (on A Licence)
- Have passed RoSPA Silver or above. This is required, but you can still volunteer to drive our cars until you achieve it.
- Preferably have no penalty points, however riders with 3 or less will be considered
- Be willing to submit to full Garda vetting
- Be willing to commit to at least one 12-hour shift per month and one recruitment/fundraising event per quarter
You’ll receive full training before starting. Our Familiarisation Team will take you to the Hospitals we cover, and show you the Protocols we use to ensure full traceability of the items you will be carrying. You’ll also be shown the fleet of bikes. At the moment we have Honda NC750xs, Honda Deauvilles, a Honda Pan European, and a Kawasaki GTR. The NC750s and Deauvilles are for City use, the others for longer runs to meet our partner Blood Bike groups from around the Country.
So You Still Want To Volunteer?
If you believe you qualify and can dedicate the required time to this worthwhile cause, simply fill in the form below and a member of our New Volunteer Induction Team will contact you to discuss this further: